The Difference Between Double Deep Racking and Common Heavy Duty Warehouse Shelving
The cargo storage rack is a shelf structure for storing goods. There can be many different combinations according to the needs of different users. Which is better for common heavy duty warehouse shelving or double deep racking? In this article, Eyda storage rack will let you understand the difference between them in seconds:
Common Heavy Duty Warehouse Shelving
Common heavy duty warehouse shelving is the beam-type racks commonly referred to by people in the industry. They are assembled by columns, beams, cross braces, diagonal braces and self-locking bolts, which can effectively prevent the instability of the rack after the bolts are loose. Its main features are:
1) Usually, the goods are stored on the shelf after being assembled through the unit container equipment such as pallets and storage cages.
2) One of the most common and widely used shelves, suitable for most warehouses or product goods.
3) The handling machinery can reach any cargo location for storage operations, with 100% selectivity and convenient and quick operation.
4) Storage operation with mechanical equipment, high work efficiency, short operation time and low labor intensity of employees.
5) The unit span is within 4m, the depth is within 1.5m, the low and high heights are within 12m, and the super high height is within 30m.
6) The height of each layer can be adjusted freely in integer multiples of 75mm, which can meet the space requirements of goods of different sizes.
Double Deep Racking
Double-deep racks are derived from common beam-type racks. It is a dense rack storage system. The racks are designed in a double-row side-by-side structure and work with a scissor forklift. The warehouse utilization rate is about 42%, and the selection rate is 50%. The roadway is designed according to the forklift, and the structure is the same as the adjustable rack. It has the characteristics of high space utilization and large storage capacity, and is widely used in food and beverage, tobacco, papermaking, manufacturing, etc. Its main features are:
1) The beam height is low, and the operating height can reach 8 meters.
2) Medium inventory flow, providing 50% optionality.
3) It is suitable for warehouses with a low pick-up rate, and the ground utilization rate can reach 42%.
4) Double the inventory volume of ordinary beam type shelves.
5) The forklift channel needs to be about 3.3 meters.
6) First-in-last-out access is difficult to achieve.
7) The construction cost per bay is the lowest cost shelf system among all three-dimensional warehouse systems.
So, is it better for ordinary heavy shelves or double depth shelves?
In fact, the two have their own advantages. The common heavy duty warehouse shelving has a selectivity rate of 100%, which can achieve first-in-first-out, but the double-deep racking space utilization is higher, and the selection rate is only 50%, which is difficult to achieve first-in-first-out.
So, how to choose more reasonable?
Eyda storage rack believes that users should first recognize their own characteristics and needs when choosing shelves, so that they can choose the type of rack suitable for their use. Of course, if it is difficult for users to recognize their own needs, Eyda will comprehensively consider the characteristics and needs of users from a professional perspective to help users select suitable warehouse rack types and design perfect warehouse storage solutions.