The Difference Between Warehouse Mezzanine and Conventional Rack
The main differences between warehouse mezzanine shelves and conventional warehouse rack are as follows:
1. The mezzanine racking system is to uses storage shelves to transform the existing warehouse space into two or three floors.
2. Warehouse mezzanine floors are supported by shelves, and special cold-rolled floor slabs are added to the shelf aisles to meet the pick-up conditions.
3. Conventional shelves are accessed by manual storage and handling equipment. The weight of the goods and the height of the shelves are affected during manual access, and the height space of the warehouse cannot be fully utilized. The shelf height of the handling equipment access method is affected by forklifts. The influence of the lifting height and turning radius can not make full use of the warehouse space height.
Warehouse mezzanine shelves are divided into the medium-sized mezzanine and heavy-duty mezzanine, which are transformed into two- or three-level mezzanine-style shelves in the height space of the original warehouse to increase the storage area.
Advantages of mezzanine racking system:
1. To ensure the quality of stored goods, measures such as moisture-proof, dust-proof, anti-theft, and anti-vandalism can be taken to improve the quality of material storage;
2. Warehouse mezzanine shelves meet the management needs of modern enterprises' low-cost, low-loss, and efficient logistics supply chain; especially suitable for the classified storage of goods such as automobile 4S shops, auto parts, electronic and electrical, and e-commerce warehouses;
3. The warehouse mezzanine floor has a large bearing capacity, is not easily deformed, has a stable and diverse structure, and is convenient to disassemble and assemble
4. Meet the needs of storage and centralized management of large quantities of goods and a quantity SKU, and meet the needs of manual storage and mechanical handling and storage;
5. The three-dimensional structure can make full use of the warehouse space, improve the utilization rate of the warehouse capacity, and expand the storage capacity of the warehouse;
6. Mezzanine racking meets the convenience of goods access, and can freely access any goods stored in any unit, 100% of the goods selection ability, and smooth inventory turnover;
7. The goods in the mezzanine shelves are clear at a glance, which is convenient for counting, sorting, measuring, etc., and can also be used with parts boxes and turnover boxes to make the classification of goods clearer;
8. The goods stored in the shelves are not squeezed each other, and the material loss is small, which can completely guarantee the function of the material body and reduce the possible loss of the goods in the storage process;
9. The mezzanine racking system floor can be wood or steel panel, and the floor can use a special strip floor slab, pattern steel plate, grid plate, or template to meet the storage requirements of different goods on different occasions.
Three types of Mezzanine in WarehouseJune 09, 2022
What’s the Cost to Build A Warehouse Mezzanine RackMay 23, 2022